Por Rafa Botello
Hola a todos. Hola a tots.
New York Marathon
Me acaba de llegar la invitación para estar por séptimo año consecutivo en el maratón más importante del mundo!
We would like to invite you to compete in the Wheelchair Division of the ING New York City Marathon 2012 to be held on Sunday, November 4, 2012. If you will be competing in the upcoming Paralympics, we understand that those games must be your primary focus at this time, and we want to wish you the best of luck in London. Nevertheless, we hope you will be able to join us in New York City, and that you will find a moment now to respond to our invitation – positively, we hope. If we do not hear from you prior to the Paralympics, we will contact you again in September.
Assuming you decide to be part of our invited elite athlete group in November, you will receive the following:
- Complimentary entry
- Flight booking or reimbursement for travel expenses
- Pick up and return to one of the NYC Airports
- Hotel accommodations at the Hilton or Sheraton, co-headquarter hotels for the Marathon
- Access to the invited athlete Hospitality Suite at the Hilton daily from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Breakfasts and Lunches provided by the Hospitality Suite
- Per diem cash stipends for other meals
- Technical pre-race meeting on Saturday, November 3 at 4:00 pm, followed by a dinner for athletes at 5:00 pm
- Gift bags and bib number pick up at the Hospitality Suite
- Invitations to all Marathon-related events, including Sunday’s VIP Cocktail Party/Dinner
- Full Race day support
- Tickets for guests to the Blue Line Lounge at the Finish Line on Race Day (per request)
More detailed information on the foregoing benefits will be provided to you in subsequent emails, as will more specific information on travel, hotel accommodations and other matters relating to your trip to New York City.
Attached is the prize money structure that will be in place for this year’s event. (Highlighted to show changes from last year)
To accept our invitation, please complete and return the Entry Form/Waiver which is also attached. Once we receive your acceptance, we will contact you about travel arrangements.
Again, if you will be competing in London, we hope you have a very successful Paralympics.
Bob Laufer & Dorian Kail & Kathlyn Hirsch
Wheelchair Race Coordinators
ING New York City Marathon